[OPLINLIST] Help finding school district links

Joel Husenits husenjo@oplin.org
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:05:45 -0400

--____BKWWPUSOJWDUJJHCZHYW____

Attention Ohio librarians -

We have another job for you.  Many of you already know about the extensive =
list of Ohio public and private school districts that OPLIN maintains in =
the Discover Ohio section of our website (Discover Ohio --> Ohio Education =
--> Ohio School Websites).  However, we're always trying to improve its =
depth and accuracy.

As best as we can tell, we've identified web links for every school =
district in the state except for those listed below (based on the Ohio =
Department of Education's directory of Ohio school districts):

Ashtabula Area City School District (Ashtabula County)
Bloomfield-Mespo Local School District (Trumbull County)
Bridgeport Exempted Village School District (Belmont County)
Frontier Local School District (Washington County)
Georgetown Exempted Village School District (Brown County)
Girard City School District (Trumbull County)
Green Local School District (Scioto County)
Hardin-Northern Local School District (Hardin County)
Jennings Local School District (Putnam County)
Kelleys Island Local School District (Erie County)
Manchester Local School District (Adams County)
Middle Bass Local School District (Ottawa County)
National Trail Local School District (Preble County)
New Boston Local School District (Scioto County)
Newton Local School District (Miami County)
Niles City School District (Trumbull County)
Noble Local School District (Noble County)
North Bass Local School District (Ottawa County)
Peebles Local School District (Adams County)
Perry Local School District (Allen County)
Put-in-Bay Local School District (Ottawa County)
Pymatuning Valley Local School District (Astabula County)
Ridgemeint Local School District (Hardin County)
Springfield Local School District (Mahoning County)
Switzerland of Ohio Local School District (Monroe County)
Union Local School District (Belmont County)
Western Local School District (Pike County)

This may seem like a lot, but it is actually a very short list compared to =
the total number of school districts in Ohio.

If you know of an existing website for any of these districts, or find any =
inaccuracies/broken links/etc. we should know about, please send an e-mail =
to the Discover Ohio Contributing Editor, Harry Searles (hsearles@columbus.=
rr.com).

Thanks!

- Joel Husenits, OPLIN Managing Editor

--____BKWWPUSOJWDUJJHCZHYW____
	19 Jul 2005 16:00:23 -0400"

<HTML><HEAD>

<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Based on the Ohio Department of Education'=
s=20
directory of Ohio school districts I have now identified links for all =
Ohio=20
school districts except the following:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ashtabula Area City School District =
(Ashtabula=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bloomfield-Mespo Local School District =
(Trumbull=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bridgeport Exempted Village School =
District=20
(Belmont County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Frontier Local School District (Washington=
=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Georgetown Exempted Village School =
District (Brown=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Girard City School District (Trumbull=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Green Local School District (Scioto=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hardin-Northern Local School District =
(Hardin=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jennings Local School District (Putnam=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kelleys Island Local School District =
(Erie=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Manchester Local School District =
(Adams=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Middle Bass Local School District =
(Ottawa=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>National Trail Local School District =
(Preble=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>New Boston Local School District =
(Scioto=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Newton Local School District (Miami=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Niles City School District (Trumbull=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Noble Local School District (Noble=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>North Bass Local School District =
(Ottawa=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Peebles Local School District (Adams=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Perry Local School District (Allen=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Put-in-Bay Local School District =
(Ottawa=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Pymatuning Valley Local School District =
(Astabula=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ridgemeint Local School District =
(Hardin=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Springfield Local School District =
(Mahoning=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Switzerland of Ohio Local School District =
(Monroe=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Union Local School District (Belmont=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Western Local School District (Pike=20
County)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This may seem like a lot, but it is =
actually a very=20
short list compared to the total number of school districts in=20
Ohio.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I would like to make the Ohio Schools =
page the site=20
of the month in August because that is the month that many schools start. =
Before=20
doing so, however, I would like to solicit the help of the librarians on =
OPLINs=20
list-serve in identifying links to any of the school districts on the =
list=20
above. Would you please pass the list on and ask that anyone who knows of =
links=20
to any of the districts on the list to e-mail them to me?=20
Thanks.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

--____BKWWPUSOJWDUJJHCZHYW____--