[OPLINLIST] SEO System available

Alan Hall alanh@oplin.org
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 13:12:00 -0400

Chris Tucker, Director of the SEO Center, posted that the SEO System is
again operational for those who use it for Interlibrary Loan.

What Chris didn't tell you is what a great job she and the SEO Library
Center staff did with the migration to the Horizon system.

Over 1,200 library staff around Ohio were trained for the Horizon system.
Sixty-eight libraries were prepared for the migration.  An orchestrated
schedule was developed, and Thursday afternoon at 3:15 pm a scanner passed
over a bar code and we were live on Horizon.  Our library system was on
automated back-up for three days, closed for 5 hours, and voila!

Alan Hall
Public Library of Steubenville and Jefferson County