[OPLINLIST] Southwest Ohio Regional Meeting Announcement

GCLC gclc@gclc.org
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 12:09:34 -0400

--------------040709050904080908080900

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*
Greetings Ohio Librarian,

As announced last week by the State Library, there has been a
recommendation that the Regional Library Systems be redistributed to
better serve the entire State of Ohio.

In order to get a clear idea of what the Southwest region should look
like and the services that libraries need in this region, GCLC is
holding a series of TOWN HALL meetings throughout the region.  All
librarians and interested parties are invited to attend any of these
important meetings.  We particularly want to reach all public library
directors and all academic libraries in the area.

This process is essential to help us craft the future of services to
librarians throughout the State of Ohio.  Your library will soon be a
member of an active regional library system and we want to make this
work for you and your library.

Please attend whichever meeting is most convenient for you.
Representatives from GCLC, including staff and Board members, and from
the State Library of Ohio will be attending each meeting.  We will
provide a brief presentation on our view of the recommendations, then
ask for information from the attendees.

Please take a minute to register for the meeting you want to attend, so
that we can have enough chairs!

All meetings will be from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

*October 17--Dayton Metro Library, Huber Heights Branch*
http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=642

*October 19--Wilmington Public Library *
http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=643

*October 31--Cincinnati Area--GCLC Offices *
http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=644

We are excited about the future of Regional Library Service in the State
of Ohio and we are committed to hearing your voices on how best to
provide that service.

If you are in any of these counties, you are considered to be a Core
Member of the Southwest Region:

Adams
Brown
Butler
Champaign
Clark
Clermont
Clinton
Darke
Fayette
Greene
Hamilton
Highland
Madison
Miami
Montgomery
Preble
Warren

We look forward to seeing you in October.

Anne

--
Anne K. Abate, Ph.D.  Executive Director
Greater Cincinnati Library Consortium

--------------040709050904080908080900

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
<title></title>
<title></title>
<title></title>
posted to several lists. &nbsp;Our
apologies for any duplication.<br>
****************************************************************************<br>
</b><br>
Greetings Ohio Librarian,
As announced last week by the State Library, there has been a&nbsp;
recommendation that the Regional Library Systems be redistributed to
better serve the entire State of Ohio.
In order to get a clear idea of what the Southwest region should look
like and the services that libraries need in this region, GCLC is
holding a series of TOWN HALL meetings throughout the region.&nbsp; All
librarians and interested parties are invited to attend any of these
important meetings.&nbsp; We particularly want to reach all public library
directors and all academic libraries in the area.
This process is essential to help us craft the future of services to
librarians throughout the State of Ohio.&nbsp; Your library will soon be a
member of an active regional library system and we want to make this
work for you and your library.
Please attend whichever meeting is most convenient for you.
Representatives from GCLC, including staff and Board members, and from
the State Library of Ohio will be attending each meeting.&nbsp; We will
provide a brief presentation on our view of the recommendations, then
ask for information from the attendees.
Please take a minute to register for the meeting you want to attend, so
that we can have enough chairs!
All meetings will be from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
<b>October 17--Dayton Metro Library, Huber Heights Branch</b>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=642">http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=642</a>
<b>October 19--Wilmington Public Library
</b><br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=643">http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=643</a>
<b>October 31--Cincinnati Area--GCLC Offices
</b><br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
 href="http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=644">http://www.gclc.org/ce/viewevent.php?id=644</a>
[...]
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:anne@gclc.org">anne@gclc.org</a>