[OPLINLIST] FW: Security cases

Raiteri, Stephen L. SRaiteri at gcpl.lib.oh.us
Thu Jan 5 16:53:20 EST 2006

    Hello -- I'm not on this list, but I was asked to respond to this
thread.

    Here at Greene County, we had been using the Secure Case II, with
removable blue locking clips (you can also get yellow clips which are
designed to hide a security strip).  But we had some problems with them:
removing the clips requires pushing the case down on an opener, and for
this to be done with the best ergonomics possible requires the opener to
be set down at a lower level than our circulation desks.  Also, removing
the clips is sometimes difficult, requiring multiple tries to find the
correct angle and amount of force.

    So we've just recently switched to the Zenith Pac, which uses a
different removable clip that's easier to remove.

    Steve Raiteri
    Audiovisual and Reference Librarian
    Greene County, OH Public Library
    sraiteri at gcpl.lib.oh.us