[OPLINLIST] TechConnections 2006

GCLC gclc at gclc.org
Tue Jan 10 14:24:36 EST 2006

Once again, the Ohio Regional Library Systems are sponsoring
TechConnections for the State of Ohio!  We are excited about doing this
and the current plan is to hold TechConnections in June.  We are a bit
anxious, given the current status of the Regionals.  Two of the
Regionals have decided to take the lead in the planning.  NOLA and GCLC
are coming together to do the organizing.

We are having a meeting at the State Library in late January for all
organizations in the State who may be interested in partnering with us
this year.  This is a wide invitation.  We are including all
organizations we can think of, including the SLA Chapters, OCLIS, OPLIN,
OLC, etc.  Of course, "Partnering" is a sly way of saying putting up
some cash to make this work.  We will need some start-up money to secure
contracts and speakers.

Representatives from all Library Organizations in the State of Ohio are
invited to attend the organizing meeting.  Please drop me a note and let
me know if you would like the details. If you cannot attend, but still
would like to be involved (monetarily, or just for moral support),
please let me know that as well.

Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Anne
--
Anne K. Abate, Ph.D.  Executive Director
Greater Cincinnati Library Consortium
anne at gclc.org
Voice 513-751-4422
Fax 513-751-0463