[OPLINLIST] Bilingual volunteers?

Janet Ingraham Dwyer jingraham at worthingtonlibraries.org
Fri Jan 13 15:06:36 EST 2006

Hello all,

Does anyone recruit bilingual/multilingual volunteers (this includes
volunteers who know American Sign Language) to help with library tasks
or projects that make use of their language skills?  Translations,
outreach, program planning, assistance with language collections, etc.?

I am considering proposing a program for the OLC Diversity Conference,
and would be grateful to hear from any library that uses bilingual
volunteers and is willing to share some insights about the experience.
Please respond to me directly.  Thanks very much & good weekend to all!

Sincerely,
Janet

Janet Ingraham Dwyer
Outreach Services & Volunteer Coordinator
Worthington Libraries
jingraham at worthingtonlibraries.org
www.worthingtonlibraries.org