[OPLINLIST] People counters

Gary Simon GSIMON at libraryvisit.org
Thu Jan 26 09:47:02 EST 2006

In the past, our maintenance department had purchased a very expensive
counter and always had to adapt the device to meet our needs.  But we
recently found a counter from a local company and are very satisfied
with it.

We purchased a battery-powered, non-directional people counter from a
company called Sensource, Inc. (www.sensource.biz).  It can be installed
by anyone handy with a screwdriver in less than a half hour.  The cost a
few months ago was $340.  The batteries which they say lasts a year or
more are 3.6 volt, lithium batteries that may be purchased from
Sensource for $12 but possibly could be found cheaper elsewhere.  They
also have a 12 volt, plug-in model.

The company has an assortment of other devices, including one that ties
into your computer network so it can be read from a remote location.