[OPLINLIST] Can you identify this rhyme?

Wilma Bacigalupo wilmab131 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 17 21:34:25 EST 2006

Hi, Susan,

  "History, Mystery, and Info to Go" was an ALA poster in the "At Your Library" series -- I don't know how long ago. I did a Google search and came up with a listing of posters that are on file in the Library at the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign campus. This pdf document called Public Information Office, Publications, Oversized Poster File, 1918-- is here:  http://web.library.uiuc.edu/ahx/alasfa/1203012.pdf

  The poster you want (which I believe will have the whole quote you are looking for) is listed on page 5 of the pdf document as being in Drawer 4, Folder 2.

  The UIUC "Ask a Librarian" page is here: http://www.library.uiuc.edu/askus which gives various ways you can contact with them.

  I hope this helps!

  Wilma Bacigalupo
  Librarian, Retired
  Newark, Ohio

Susan Vermilya <vermilsu at oplin.org> wrote:
  A fellow librarian has researched this topic and is now asking for our help.
(He has contacted ALA, 24/7, etc.) Does anyone remember or have a record of
the complete rhyme that ends with these four lines: "History, Mystery, and
info to go?" This was used during National Library Week in the mid 1970's.

Opinions expressed in this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the
Board of Trustees, management or staff of Norwalk Public Library.