[OPLINLIST] Instant Messaging

Zeb Smith zebsmith at newtonfalls.org
Tue Sep 19 14:19:19 EDT 2006

Hello all,

    We're looking for a way for patrons to send instant messages from
our website directly to library reference staff. Has anybody had any
experience with this sort of thing? There's an abundance of web based
messaging software out there, but it caters to the end users. We don't
want them to have any flexibility, just the option to chat directly with
a librarian. We're trying to avoid subscription services like AIM and
Gmail because we're afraid that users won't want to go through the
trouble of creating an account.

Thanks

--
Zeb Smith