[OPLINLIST] Microfilm Reader Results

Susan Hill shill at pauldingcountylibrary.org
Thu Sep 21 14:03:41 EDT 2006

Hello all:
The following two points were shared with me by others regarding Microfilm Readers. I'm still interested in other libraries who have purchased new machines. -- Susan
  a.. Konika Minolta MS 6000 from Assured Micro Services from Worthington.  Salesman was Brian Crompton.  He came twice for demos, once for staff and once for the board committee (also had demo of the Canon MS 300).  I thought both machines were good, but the staff really liked the Minolta. They also came for staff training. We have it hooked up to a computer and have email ready to go, so the public can email their requests to us and we can email the articles to them.  So far so good. Also, Brian worked with us on price.
  b.. I saw this at OLC Expo.  Very cool  I encourage you to give the sales rep from
  the Dayton area a call because there are lot of great features.  Did not seem
  too outrageously priced if I recall. http://www.stimaging.com/

Susan N Hill
Director / Editor
Paulding County Carnegie Library
Rural Library Services Newsletter
205 S Main Street   Paulding, Ohio 45879
419-399-2032 (voice); 419-399-2114 (fax)
shill at pauldingcountylibrary.org (e-mail)
www.pauldingcountylibrary.org (web page)