[OPLINLIST] what to do with those old books

Maria Vega vegama at oplin.org
Mon Sep 25 08:49:05 EDT 2006

Hi, I had several people ask me to post a summary of ideas about what to do with the books leftover after our booksale.  Here are the ideas:

*Contact local recycling centers to find out which materials they will take--if needed, rip the covers of hardback books off
*Local thrift stores like Goodwill, Habitat for Humanity ReStore
*Donate them to local correctional centers (sometimes they do not want hardback or graphic/violent books)

Specific vendors that may want the books:
*Abitibi Paper Retriever www.paperretriever.com
*Harmon Books: (517) 673-8910 Buys books for $1 a box
*Better World Books www.betterworldbooks.com

Thanks
Maria Vega