[OPLINLIST] e-mail

Mary K. Leffler dirserls at oplin.org
Thu Dec 6 16:40:51 EST 2007

I believe patrons should be able to web-based e-mail from a public library
Internet computer.  It is an essential service for public libraries to
offer!  As many others have mentioned in their reply, a free e-mail account
can be obtained from Yahoo or Hotmail.  However, a person who has an
existing POP3 account provided by their Internet Service Provider and wants
to access their mail from that account can do so using a website such as
www.mail2web.com.  It doesn't require any registration-just advise your
patrons to use the Secure Login selection.

------------------------------------
Southeast Regional Library System (SERLS)
Mary K. Leffler
Executive Director
dirserls at oplin.org
252 W. 13th St.