[OPLINLIST] Dial a Database: Online Database Training - Blue Ash, Ohio

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Mon Jan 8 07:24:12 EST 2007

      *This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our
      apologies for any duplication.
      Please forward this message to all interested parties.

  Dial a Database: Online Database Training...
  ...From the Convenience of Your Own Computer
  <http://www.swonlibraries.org/viewevent?id=1016>

Join us for a hands-on practice and review of the core OPLIN Databases,
using the online training software, WebEx. Staff will be on hand to
guide you through the WebEx program, and you will walk away with a
thorough knowledge of the OPLIN databases and a firm grasp on how to use
desktop learning!

In this two-hour training, we will explore:
--Student Research Center and Master File Premier
--Consumer Health Complete
--Oxford Reference Online
--Encylcopedia Britannica
--EBSCO Host
--Biographies Plus
--American National Biography

      Date

Monday, January 29th, 2007

      Time

9:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon

      Location

SWON Libraries Office

      Speaker(s)

*Jay Burton* currently is the Head of Professional Development at the
State Library of Ohio. A former elementary school teacher, Jay brings
over 20 years experience in public library settings including a small
library in Park City, Utah and currently, part-time reference librarian
at the Columbus Metropolitan Library.

      Meal

Continental breakfast will be provided

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$5 to cover costs

      Friend of SWON Libraries

$5 to cover costs

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

$5 to cover costs

      Other

$5 to cover costs

The deadline to register is Wednesday, January 24th, 2007

*
*