[OPLINLIST] Continuing Education Opportunity

Cari Dubiel cdubiel at twinsburglibrary.org
Tue Sep 11 15:05:06 EDT 2007

As an officer of Beta Phi Mu, the international honor society for
library and information science, I would like to invite you to a special
continuing education opportunity we are sponsoring along with the
Northeast Ohio Regional Library System (NEO-RLS).

How I Survived the Reference Desk: Maintaining High Standards of
Customer Service in Times of High Pressure
Twinsburg Public Library
9:30-12:30

Speakers:
Kathryn Feeley, MLIS, East Cleveland Public Library
Cari Baker Dubiel, MLIS, Twinsburg Public Library

In America's customer-centered culture, it is becoming more and more
important for libraries to provide top-notch service. Yet, many library
staff members on the front lines of public service do not have adequate
training. In this workshop, participants will learn how to establish
high standards of customer service, then apply those standards calmly
and effectively, even in high-pressure situations.

Co-sponsored by NEO-RLS and Beta Phi Mu.
Cost is $10--you can register at www.neo-rls.org.

Thanks!  Please feel free to email me with any questions.

Cari Baker Dubiel
Vice-President, Beta Phi Mu
Reference Librarian, Twinsburg PL