[OPLINLIST] Author series at Westlake Porter Public Library

Elaine R. Willis Elaine.Willis at westlakelibrary.org
Mon Sep 24 11:23:13 EDT 2007

The Friends, Board and Staff of Westlake Porter Public Library invite
our colleagues to join us for our Westfest 2007 author series this
October and November.

The series starts on Friday, October 12 at 10 a.m when award-winning
children's picture book author and illustrator Matt Novak stops by to
discuss his work and sign books. Tickets for the Parent's Choice Honor
recipient (/Mouse TV/) and IRA Children's Choice Award winner (/Newt/)
will be available through our Youth Services Department (440-250-5471)
starting this Friday.

On Saturday, October 13 at 7 p.m. we will host legendary FBI profiler
and author John Douglas. Douglas has hunted some of the most notorious
and sadistic killers of our time, including the Atlanta child killer,
the Tylenol poisoner, and the Green River killer. He consulted on the
JonBenet Ramsay case, and has interviewed killers like Charles Manson
and John Wayne Gacy. His latest book /Inside the Mind of BTK:/ /The True
Story Behind the Thirty Year Hunt for the Notorious Wichita Serial
Killer /will be released this Friday (Sept. 28)./ / His talk about
profiling, writing, and more promises to be fascinating. The program is
free and requires no registration.

The series ends on Tuesday, November 13 at 7 p.m. when hilarious teen
novelist Lisa Yee visits. Yee was the winner of the prestigious Sid
Fleischman Humor Award for her first novel, /Millicent Min, Girl
Genius/. Her second novel, /Stanford Wong Flunks Big-Time/ won the
Chinese American Librarian Association Best Book of the Year award, and
was named an American Library Association Notable Book. Lisa was also
named the 2007 Thurber House Children's Author-in-Residence.
Registration begins on October 30. Please call (440) 250-5471 or visit
our online event calendar <http://signup.westlakelibrary.org:8080>.

Westfest is underwritten by the Friends of Porter Public Library and
co-sponsored by Sun News. Books will be available for purchase and
signing at all events, courtesy of Barnes and Noble (Crocker Park). For
more information, please visit Westfest 2007
<http://www.westlakelibrary.org/?q=node/421>.

Elaine Willis

Public Relations Associate
Westlake Porter Public Library