[OPLINLIST] Workshop Announcement: Board Leadership In Times of Change

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Mon Sep 24 14:49:42 EDT 2007

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
Please forward to all interested parties.

*

  Board Leadership In Times of Change
  <http://www.swonlibraries.org/register?a=formreg&id=1195&rate=cost3&sponsor=SouthWest%20Ohio%20and%20Neighboring%20Libraries&addattendee=Y>

ReSource

Co-sponsored by ReSource

<http://www.cincy-crc.org>

      Date

Wednesday, November 14th, 2007

      Time

8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

      Location

Health Foundation of Greater Cincinnati
3805 Edwards Road, Fifth Floor
Cincinnati, Ohio 45209

      Speaker(s)

*Diane Jordan-Grizzard*, Chief Operating Officer at Beech Acres
Parenting Center, has over 25 years' executive management and
leadership, training, and consulting experience. Specializing in
organizational development, Diane received her Masters Degree in
Education from the University of Cincinnati, is a graduate of University
Associate's Organizational Development Internship Program, and is a
graduate of the Urban League's African American Leadership Development
Program. She has served on several Cincinnati nonprofit boards.

      Description

Nonprofits are multiplying at a faster rate than ever, funding is
shrinking while competition for those funds is increasing, and the
environment is changing for the people served, and service providers. In
these changing times, nonprofits must focus on the following questions:
What business are we in? How do we engage others in the mission and
vision? Whom do we serve and how and when do we serve them? What impact
will we make? How do we build human resource potential among board,
leadership, staff, and volunteers to achieve the mission? How does the
community know who we are and what we do?

This interactive workshop will explore all these questions and more and
is for current executives, potential executives, and board leaders.

      Meal

Continental Breakfast will be provided

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$35

      Contributing Member of ReSource

$25

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS, or Friend of
      SWON Libraries

$35

      Other

$35

The deadline to register is Wednesday, November 7th, 2007