[OPLINLIST] Early Bird Registration for the OHIONET 2007 Annual Meeting Closes September 30!

Carol Verny Cverny at ohionet.org
Mon Sep 24 14:58:52 EDT 2007

Please excuse cross-posting of this message.

Don't miss out on early bird registration for the OHIONET 2007 Annual
Meeting: Celebrating 30 Years of Service on Thursday, November 15, at
the Fawcett Center in Columbus.  Early bird registration closes
September 30.  Register today at
http://www.ohionet.org/news_ohnmeeting.shtml.
<http://www.ohionet.org/news_ohnmeeting.shtml.>

Conference Fees - Until September 30th
Member Fee $45.00
Non-Member $55.00

Conference Fees - After September 30th
Member Fee $50.00
Non-Member $65.00

This year's meeting will feature sessions on topics of interest to all
libraries and speakers with innovative approaches to Library 2.0
technologies.  Karen Calhoun, newly appointed Vice President for OCLC
WorldCat and Metadata Services, and author of the oft-discussed "Calhoun
Report," will provide the keynote address, "Discovery, Catalogs and
Collections in the Idiom of the Web."   The day will end with two
90-minute sessions on topics that have captured the attention of the
greater library community.  David Singleton of the Georgia Library
Service and Josh Ferraro of LibLime will join Ohio Open Source
enthusiasts for an informal conversation on what's next for the Open
Source movement.  Opposite the Open Source session will be speakers from
the public, academic and school communities sharing their success
stories on using 2.0 tools for outreach.  In between, learn more about
the future of WorldCat services, marketing to stay relevant, tips for
selecting electronic resource management systems, NextGen resource
discovery tools, research into OhioLINK collection development, and
more.

Many of you took part in focus groups and interviews earlier this year
as part of the OHIONET Organizational Redesign Project.  We listened to
what you said, and the data we gathered has guided our planning process.
Check out the entire program, and join us to learn what changes are in
store as we look toward the next 30 years of service to libraries.

Carol Verny
Director of Library & Member Services
OHIONET
1500 West Lane Avenue
Columbus, OH 43221
614-486-2966, x33
Fax: 614-486-1527
800-686-8975

Register now for the 2007 Annual Meeting/30th Anniversary Celebration at
http://www.ohionet.org/training_desc.php?ID=530.