[OPLINLIST] Change Management: Effectively Dealing with Organizational and Individual Change--Webinar in Blue Ash

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Wed Sep 26 16:09:58 EDT 2007

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.

Please forward to all interested parties.
*

  Change Management: Effectively Dealing with Organizational and
  Individual Change
  <http://www.swonlibraries.org/register?a=formreg&id=1165&rate=cost2&sponsor=SouthWest%20Ohio%20and%20Neighboring%20Libraries&addattendee=Y>

      Date

Tuesday, October 2nd, 2007

      Time

2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

      Location

SWON Libraries Office

      Speaker(s)

Andrew Sanderbeck <http://www.andrewsanderbeck.com/> is an expert
trainer on leadership and team development, communications, customer
service and generating revenues for libraries and library systems. He is
the past chair for The Small and Rural Libraries SIG of the Florida
Library Association. Andrew presents over 100 customized staff
development workshops, seminars and keynotes for organizations and at
conferences around the world each year and was recently a featured
presenter at the 2006 ALA Conference in New Orleans.

He is the founder of The Sanderbeck People~Connect Institute, an
organization that enjoys serving others that value professionalism,
vision and purpose and making a difference in their organizations and
communities. Andrew consults for libraries and other non-profit
organizations to help them realize the true human potential of their
management and employees. He publishes the /Library~Connect Newsletter/,
a free monthly e-publication read by library professionals around the world.

      Description

Change is all around us today. We change managers. We change the look of
our buildings. We change our policies and procedures. Our customers and
their needs are constantly changing. And sometimes we are told to change
how our library will operate. It is important to understand that we as
individuals must come to grips with the underlying psychological effects
of major change. And if we do not, we will be ill-equipped to deal with
that change and to help others deal with the change.

The /Change Management: Effectively Dealing with Organizational and
Individual Change/ Web-Ex workshop provides participants with the
necessary skills and strategies needed for managing change in the
workplace, generating buy-in to those changes.

*As a result of this workshop participants will learn:*
-- To recognize that before we can embrace the way things will be, we
must go through a process of grieving, and of letting go of the "way
things used to be."
-- To see change as an opportunity for self-motivation and innovation.
-- The reasons why people resist changes in the workplace, including the
four stages of coping with change.
-- To describe the Pygmalion effect and how it can be used to shift
perception and frame change.
-- The seven steps to becoming a change leader in their organization
-- The four decisions management must make when communicating change

      Meal

Light snacks will be provided

      Audience

This online, interactive webinar is open to all library staff
organizing, experiencing, or dealing with change in their lives.

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$35

      Friend of SWON Libraries

$35

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

$35

      Other

$70

The deadline to register is Sunday, September 30th, 2007