[OPLINLIST] Upcoming April OHIONET workshops--still seats available

Evan Struble evans at ohionet.org
Mon Apr 7 10:28:48 EDT 2008

Please forgive the cross-posting.

Greetings, friends!

Take a look at these upcoming workshops in April!

Using Bibliographic Software: A Primer-Columbus, OH

OHIONET and the Southeast Regional Library System (SERLS) are co-sponsoring
this workshop on using bibliographic software. Utilizing bibliographic
software, a user can create personal bibliographical databases, search
various online catalogs, import search results from different online
databases, create general and subject bibliographies, and write a paper with
the function of "cite while you write." Join Dr. Laura Cheng from Kent State
University, as she explains the benefits a librarian will gain from using
these types of programs.

For complete information, and to register, click here:
http://www.ohionet.org/training_desc.php?ID=565

Readers' Advisory: Tackling Tough Topics-Columbus, OH

Join us at OHIONET for a day-long Readers' Advisory event! This year, we're
tackling some of the tough topics that librarians are often asked about, and
discussing ways to deal with tough audiences that librarians have to face
when giving reading advice. The day will be broken into four
"mini-sessions." Those mini-sessions are:

Just the facts, ma'am: Investigating non-fiction readers' advisory

Is That All There Is? The Inexplicable, the Spiritual, and the Search for
Meaning in Post-9/11 Popular Literature

Understanding and Catering to the Teen Male Library User

Recommending Books to Men (Especially When You're Not One)

For complete information, and to register, click here:
http://www.ohionet.org/training_desc.php?ID=552

As always, if you have any questions, just let me know. I hope to see you
there!

Sincerely,

Evan

Evan T. Struble, MLIS

Continuing Education Coordinator

OHIONET

1500 W. Lane Avenue

Columbus, OH 43221

614-486-2966 Ext. 37

800-686-8975 Ext. 37

Fax: 614-486-1527

 <mailto:evans at ohionet.org> evans at ohionet.org

Check out OHIONET's training calendar, where new workshops are being added
all the time:  <http://www.ohionet.org/training_calendar.php>
http://www.ohionet.org/training_calendar.php