[OPLINLIST] Fax services

Jim Wilkins wilkinji at oplin.org
Wed Jul 30 10:52:26 EDT 2008

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about fax charges.  I
received over 50 emails and (yes!) faxes from you.  I started to put
together a spread sheet to compare all the responses, but it was too
cumbersome and ranged from $.05 to $6 per page depending on where to or
from.  So I put all the responses in a Word document and have attached it
for everyone, but this is a Word 2007 doc and some older versions of Word
will not open it, so I am also including everything in the body of this
e-mail.

We will most likely change our fees to the following: Sending $1.00/for 1st
page & $.50 for each additional for toll calls.  Toll-free, local and
incoming faxes $1.00 regardless of # of pages.

Again thanks for all your help!

Jim Wilkins, Director

Bucyrus Public Library

200 East Mansfield  Street

Bucyrus, Ohio 44820

(419) 562-7327 ext 114

1.       We charge $1.00 for the first page and $.25 for every page
thereafter to send; we charge $1.00 to receive no how many pages.  For
Internat'l faxes we charge $6.00. If telephone bill shows a higher rate, we
call patron and let them know the extra charge.

Delta Pubic Library

2.       The Napoleon Public Library charges $.25 per page to recieve any
fax for customers, and the standard rate for sending is $2.00 for the first
page and $1.00 per additional page (no charge for sending to a local or 800
#)

3.       To send a fax we charge $1.50 for the first page plus $ .50 for
each additional page on numbers that are long distance.  For local and toll
free numbers we charge $ .15 for each page sent.

4.       Incoming fax's we charge $ .15 per page. I hope this helps. ( I'm
also curious to find out how this compares to other libraries) Thanks!

Ridgemont Public Library

5.       Swanton charges $3.00 for up to 20 pages to send or receive at the
library.  More than 20 pages is an additional charge of .15 cents per
additional page.

6.       Bluffton Public Library charges the following rates for fax
service:

$1/page to send

$0.50/page to receive

7.       We charge one dollar each page, each way.

Jeffersonville Library

8.       We charge $1.00 per page to send, but will send up to 15 pages free
to a toll-free number.

Our charge to receive is $.50 per page.

Willard Memorial Library

9.       Sending: NPL fax cover sheet = no charge, page 1 = $2 and,
additional pages = $1.

Receiving: page 1 = $1, additional pages $.50.

Norwalk Public Library

10.   We just started sending faxes for the public this year.  To send a
fax, we charge $1/page for local or national faxes; $5 per page for
international faxes, and $.25 per sheet to receive a fax.
Delaware County District Library

11.   We charge .10 per page to receive and 3.00 to send for the first 5

pages, 1.00 a page for each page after.

12.   We quit providing fax services about 3 years ago.  Most of what we
were faxing were resumes and now they just send them e-mail.  But also the
staff time to babysit the machine was getting out of hand when some faxes
were 10 - 20 pages.

London Public Library

13.   Monroeville Public Library charges a 1.00 per page for the first 2
pages then .25 per page after that to send. We charge .25 per page to
receive.

14.   $1.00 per page and we do outgoing only.

Alger Public Library

15.   Piqua Public Library charges fifty cents to send per page and fifteen
cents to receive per page.  We usually send 15 to 20 faxes a day.

16.   $1.00 to send the first page and 25 cents to send each additional (up
to 10 pages at a time) (We have very inexpensive long distance costs.)  We
do not charge for the coversheet or toll-free calls.  We charge 25 cents to
receive any page (cost for paper and ink).

Herbert Wescoat Memorial Library serving Vinton County

17.   We charge $1.00 per page to send a fax and $0.50 per page to receive.
Mount Gilead Public Library

18.   We charge .25 per page to receive and .50 per page to send within the
United States.  For an international fax we charge $5.00 for the first page
and $1.00 for each additional page.

Kaubisch Memorial Public Library

19.   At the Franklin-Springboro Public Library in Warren County we charge
$.50 per page for local and $1.00 for long distance.  Long distance is
pretty much anyone outside the 513 and 937 area code.

20.   Liberty Center Public Library

a.       Local or toll free number $0.50 for page one, $0.25 per page 2 - ?

b.      Long distance number $1.00 for page one, $0.50 per page 2 - ?

c.       No charge for cover sheet

d.      $5.00 maximum charge

21.   We charge $2.00 for the first page, $1.00 for each additional page to
send, and $1.00 per page to receive faxes.  We only send faxes to numbers in
the US & Canada.

Germantown Public Library

22.   Receiving a fax costs 15 cents per sheet.
Sending a fax locally (BG area) or toll free - NO CHARGE.
Sending a long distance fax - $2.00 for the first page, $1.00 for each
additional
Sending an international fax - $5.00 for the first page, $2.00 for each
additional
Faxes can only be sent on single-sided 8.5" by 11" paper.

23.   In the Brown County Public Library system we charge $2.00 per page for
either sending or receiving. There is no cost difference for a local or
long-distance call.

24.   Galion charges $1.00 per page for sending or receiving.

25.   Wauseon Public Library charges $3.00 for receiving and sending faxes.
No limit on # of sheets.

26.   We charge $3.00 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page
for sending a FAX.  The machine is located int the Reference Department
workroom and must be sent by staff person (i.e., it is not self-serve like
the copier).  While this may sound expensive, we do not have different
pricing for local, long distance, and international FAXes (it proved too
difficult to get an operator to quote us price per minute for sending a FAX
to a specific country at the time we were sending the FAX).  We also do not
wish to compete with other local businesses who have FAXing as part of their
services.  We provide this service during the hours we are open to the
public and realize that it is a convenience for the patron when other
businesses (who may charge less) are closed.

We do not charge for receiving a FAX unless it is over 10 pages and then
we'll charge $.05 per page over the first 10 pages.

Grandview Heights Public Library

27.   To send we  charge $1.00 for the first page - .50 for each additional
up to a maximum charge of $5

To receive it is .50 per page up to a max. charge of $5

McComb Public Library

28.   Oak Harbor charges $1.00 to send the first page, and $.25 for each
additional page.

We charge $.25 for each page received.

29.   $1 send inside US
$2 send outside US
$1 receive from anywhere
This is for all 5 Washington County Public Library locations.

30.   Here at Upper Sandusky we charge $1 per page, receiving or sending.
We will offer a cover sheet that is no charge.

31.   We charge a $1.00/page to fax; $.20/page to receive.  We do not fax
overseas.

Columbiana Public Library

32.   We still charge $1.00 per sheet, coming or going, but do not charge
for a real cover page.  If there is information on the cover page other than
who, what & where- it is a fax page and costs.
Bradford Public Library

33.   Highland County District Library charges $1.00 a page to send and
50 cents a page to receive.

34.   The Ashtabula County District Library charges as follows:
Sending --
Local & toll-free numbers: $1.00 per page ($2.00 minimum charge)
Long-distance numbers: $2.00 per page
Canada/Mexico numbers: $3.00 per page
Other international numbers: $5.00 per page
Receiving -- 50 cents per page ($1.00 minimum charge)
For interlibrary loan items (articles, e.g.) received via fax, we charge 20
cents per page. (No minimum charge.)

35.   We have a pretty good long distance billing system and are able to
send faxes for $0.10 per page.

Alexandria Public Library

36.   Here at Delta Public Library we charge:

To send- $1.00 for first page, 25 cents for each additional page

To receive- $1.00 no matter how many pages

To send international- $6.00, then when bill comes any additional charges
incurred (I always hope that the international fax is sent by a patron so we
can track them if there are additional costs.)

37.   We make patrons use our cover page (which contains a disclaimer),
charge $1.00 for the first page and then $0.10 per page thereafter. We also
add phone charges if international.

Adams County Public Library

38.   At Elmore and Genoa we charge $1.00/page for the first page and .25
for each additional page to send, and .25/page to receive.

Harris-Elmore Public Library

39.   $1.00 per page to send or receive

Logan County District Libraries

40.   We used to have the patron charge the phone call to a phone card or
credit card.  This past year our friends of the library group purchased a
phone card for this purpose and we ask patron to make a donation.

41.   Peninsula Library

42.   No Faxing

Euclid, Shaker & Madison Libraries

43.   $3 to send a local fax and $4 to send a long distance fax

Cleveland Law Library

44.   $.25 per page for faxes, and we use a credit card for long distance
calling for faxing

Sandusky Library

45.   $1 charge per sheet of paper to anywhere

East Cleveland Library

46.   Outgoing faxes are $1.50 for the first page and $1 per page thereafter

Cleveland Heights Library

47.   .10 per page

Vermillion Library

48.   $1.00 for page 1, $.50 each page 2 on

Clyde Library

49.   Toll-free and local calls - $2.00, no matter how many pages

Toll calls - $2.00 for first 2 pages, $1/page additional after 2 pages

International - $5.00 for first 1-5 pages, $1/page additional after 5 pages

Incoming faxes - 25 cents/page

Bellevue Library

50.   For Faxes - incoming and outgoing - $1.50 for the first page and $.50
for each additional page

Kirtland Library

51.   $.50 per page to fax

Milan Library

52.   Local calls $1.00 + $.25 per page: Long distance $2.50 + $1.00 per
page: International calls $5.00 + $2.00 per page.

Wickliffe Library

53.   $1.00 per page

Fairport Harbor