[OPLINLIST] Managing Your Priorities: The Key to Time Management

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Tue Sep 2 11:10:42 EDT 2008

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.
*

    Managing Your Priorities: The Key to Time Management

http://www.swonlibraries.org/viewevent?id=1415

      Date

Wednesday, September 17th, 2008

      Time

1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

      Location

SWON Libraries Office

      Speaker(s)

*Linda Bruno* has been helping people grow, both professionally and
personally, for over 10 years. She works with libraries, universities,
Chambers of Commerce, corporations and other organizations to help them
nurture their most valuable resource -- their employees.

Linda's ability to combine humor and real-life experience with her
knowledge of people enables her to relate to her audience in a unique
way. With more than twenty years of hands-on management in positions
such as Director of Purchasing, Vice President of Sales and Vice
President of Customer Relations, she has developed a keen insight into
what works in the real world. Linda's experience as a national trainer
with Dun & Bradstreet has also expanded her ability to communicate
effectively.

Participants leave Linda's workshops with the tools they need to help
them enjoy life more, both personally and professionally.

      Description

It's official -- there is simply too much to do to ever get it all done!
But as much as we'd like it to be, surrender is NOT an option. Instead,
it's time we manage our priorities rather than letting our priorities
manage us.

In this thought-provoking workshop, you'll learn just what you can
control -- and what you can't. You'll discover how to make your to-do
list work for you and how to plan for results. Is your calendar
controlling you? You'll find specific techniques for how to corral that
cluttered calendar. You'll also discover:
. How to overcome procrastination -- and when you shouldn't try
. How to deal with those pesky interruptions
. Help for marathon meeting madness
. How to reduce -- or eliminate -- the time robbers in your life

...and last, but certainly not least, you'll find a detailed list of
tips and tricks to ease the hustle-bustle of your busy life.

Don't miss this opportunity to learn how to manage your priorities!

      Meal

Light snacks will be provided.

      Contributing Member of SWON Libraries

$35

      Friend of SWON Libraries

$35

      Contributing Member of NEO-RLS, NORWELD, or SERLS

$35

      Other

$80

The deadline to register is Monday, September 15th, 2008