[OPLINLIST] Replies on bandwidth issues not sent to list.

Phil Shirley pshirley at cuyahogafallslibrary.org
Tue Sep 2 14:17:05 EDT 2008

Chris,

I did not give you permission to forward my message to the oplinlist,
and I suspect that few others gave you permission since you gave us only
a few minutes to respond to your request.  It was impolite for you to
have forwarded my message without my permission, and many lists have
policies forbidding this.  I made a decision to respond directly to you
instead of to the list, and I wish you would have respected this.
Something you could have done instead was to send the list a summary of
the private comments you received.

Phil

Christopher Brose wrote:

> **Christopher J. Brose**
>
> Network Administrator
>
> Tiffin-Seneca Public Library
>
> Voice: 419-447-3751
>
> Fax:    419-447-3045
>
> brosech at oplin.org <mailto:brosech at oplin.org>
>

> --
> believed to be clean.

> RE: [OPLINLIST] Bandwidth issues.
> From:
> "Frank Atkinson" <frank at bdex.com>
> Date:
> Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:13:45 -0500
> To:
> "'Christopher Brose'" <brosech at oplin.org>
>
> To:
> "'Christopher Brose'" <brosech at oplin.org>
>

> Why not use cable lines, they are asymmetrical, 1, 3,  5, 7 mbs down and
> slower up. With the video stuff its almost all coming down
>
> so maybe the asymmetrical dsl might be a good thing…  the T-1 is only
> 1.4mbs….  I haven’t tried it in real life but it seems like a good
> theory !!!
>

> I saw a an article about Mushroom networks
>
> http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid7_gci1316118,00.html?track=NL-79&ad=643914&asrc=EM_NLN_3775795&uid=5810192
> <http://searchnetworking.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid7_gci1316118,00.html?track=NL-79&ad=643914&asrc=EM_NLN_3775795&uid=5810192>
> supposedly they can bond dsl and t1’s together..
>

> hope it helps…
>

> Frank Atkinson
>
> frank at bdex.com <mailto:frank at bdex.com>
>
> Columbus, Ohio

Phil Shirley
Technology Services Coordinator
Cuyahoga Falls Library
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
330-928-2117, ext. 109
pshirley at CuyahogaFallsLibrary dot org

believed to be clean.