[OPLINLIST] The age-old TV series question

Cari Dubiel cdubiel at twinsburglibrary.org
Tue Apr 21 10:45:13 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I'm looking for some input/suggestions on my current TV series situation.
In the past here at Twinsburg, TV series graphics were scanned and two
cases were created: a "dummy" case that went on the shelf, and a "real"
case that contained the discs.  The cases were swapped at the circulation
desk.  We still have a number of these that are grandfathered in, but for
about a year I've been ordering TV series preprocessed from Midwest in the
Clearvue locking cases.  That works well for anything under 6 discs, but
it presents a problem when we go to anything more than that.  I don't have
much time to scan the cases (the person who used to do it left) and
circulation seems to prefer the locking cases to the swapping.  My Midwest
rep says Clearvue has no plans to make anything bigger than 6 discs... so
for those of you who are also doing this, what do you do with the larger
ones?  I'm also curious to see how you circulate them in general.  We
don't like to break apart the sets because our patrons do not like that.

Thanks for all your help!  I will compile if anyone else is interested in
this info.

--
Cari Dubiel
Acquisitions Coordinator

--
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the