[OPLINLIST] New Patron Registration Question

Justin Crawfis crawfiju at oplin.org
Fri Aug 21 16:43:22 EDT 2009

Dear OPLIN List Members:

For the last several years, our library has required that adult patrons
furnish proof of current address when they sign up for library cards.
(Driver's licenses, mail, checkbook registers, rental agreements, paycheck
stubs, etc., are just a few of the types of documentation that we accept as
"proof of current address.") Most patrons are okay with it, but there are a
few who seem quite miffed when informed of this requirement.

Do any other libraries require this? Would this be considered a standard
procedure for new patron registrations? Thanks in advance for your input!

Sincerely,

Justin Crawfis

crawfiju at oplin.org

Interlibrary Loan/Circulation Coordinator

Bluffton Public Library

145 South Main Street

Bluffton, OH  45817