[OPLINLIST] SOMACS contract details

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Tue Feb 10 16:08:30 EST 2009

As I reported earlier today, the Office of Information Technology
and AT&T have signed the amendments that revise and extend the
SOMACS contract, so libraries that file E-rate for SOMACS T1
circuits can now safely file their Form 471.

[IF YOU HAVE ALREADY FILED your Form 471, we recommend that you file
a new Form 471, using the information below, prior to the filing
window deadline of 11:59 p.m. EST on Thursday, February 12, 2009;
put ~only~ the SOMACS Funding Request on this new application. Then
when you get your Receipt Acknowledgment Letter (RAL) Funding
Requests Report for the old Form 471, check the option to cancel
your old SOMACS Funding Request.]

If you elect to continue with the $400 per month T1 (24-month
commitment), use the following information on your 471 Funding
Request:

Contract number: SOMACS
Contract award date: February 6, 2009
(or the 29th day after the posting of your Form 470, if that is later)
Service start date: July 1, 2009
Service end date: June 30, 2010
Contract expiration date: June 30, 2011

If you intend to switch to $450 month-to-month on July 1, then use
the following information:

Contract number: MTM
Contract award date:
Service start date: July 1, 2009
Service end date: June 30, 2010
Contract expiration date:
 (Be sure to change your monthly charges to reflect the higher rate.)

As always, Lorrie Germann (lorrie.germann at etech.ohio.gov,
614-485-6050) or Steve Crumbacher (steven.crumbacher at etech.ohio.gov,
614-485-6010) should be able to answer any technical questions you
have.

--
Stephen Hedges, Executive Director
2323 W. 5th Avenue, Suite 130