[OPLINLIST] Amazon's Kindle

Fred Baerkircher fbaer at twinsburglibrary.org
Wed Feb 11 12:29:04 EST 2009

We own a Kindle (first gen) but it's only for experimentation. Amazon's
user agreement prevents its use by the public. Here's a story on that
from Library Journal:
http://www.libraryjournal.com/article/CA6530211.html?rssid=191
As far as the logistics go, the books Amazon sells for it are in a
proprietary file format, meaning they can't be ported to other devices.
You can add text files and html files, but it's a pretty roundabout
process. Because of all that, we haven't really pursued it as a
circulating device.
Hope that helps!
Fred Baerkircher
Head of Adult Public Services
Twinsburg Public Library

--
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of the Twinsburg Public Library.