[OPLINLIST] Tech. Classes @ the Library

Charlie Hansen chansen at pcdl.org
Tue Jan 6 16:05:15 EST 2009

Hello Listers,

I am writing because I am curious as to the various ways that libraries
have gone about offering technology classes to their customers.  We have
not attempted formal classes here - just one-on-one sessions by
appointment.  In particular, I am interested in...

*         Who teaches the courses at your library?

*         Without a dedicated computer lab, where are the classes held?

*         What types/levels of classes are offered?

*         Where do you turn for "curriculum" ideas or "lesson plans"?

*         What happens to your students once the classes are completed?
In other words, do you ever see these students put to use the skills
obtained in the classes?

*         Do you develop groups that can meet outside the library to
discuss/practice the lessons learned in the classes?

I am interested in these questions and general impressions concerning
the effectiveness of classes.

Thank you in advance.

Charlie Hansen, Adult Services Coordinator

Perry County District Library

117 South Jackson Street

New Lexington, OH 43764

740-342-4194 ext. 12