[OPLINLIST] DVD stuck in player

Marcy Shipley marcy.shipley at hudson.lib.oh.us
Tue Jul 7 11:53:47 EDT 2009

Do any libraries have a plan in place when a patron has a DVD, videocassette or other items that cause damage to their players?  We seldom have this happen and usually the patron will be happy if we take care of the cost of the item and remove it from their card.

I have one patron who is paying a hefty fee to have the DVD player removed from their car. They insist that our security strips have caused the item to be stuck in the player and would like us to incur the costs.

I would appreciate input that others have had in this kind of a stituation.
Please respond to the email below.
Thanks,
Marcy Shipley
Head of Circulation