[OPLINLIST] Emergency Levy Question

Susan Pieper susanhillpieper at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 13:07:20 EDT 2009

Is anyone considering placing a levy and declaring an "emergency" for their
libraries? I looked through the Ballot Handbook and did not find the info I
think I need. What does it mean by "emergency"? Does it impact the
resolution process? A board member has asked if it is possible for us to
place two levies on the Nov. ballot -- the one we have already planned for
operating and another declaring an emergency. If we go with the same
millage, then would we still need the auditor's certification? I have calls
into our county auditor, but so far she hasn't gotten back to me. I would be
grateful for any advice, info, heads-up, etc. you may have.
*****************************
Save Ohio Libraries!
www.saveohiolibraries.com
Susan Hill Pieper