[OPLINLIST] BTOP question: upgrades? staff computers?

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Thu Jul 30 15:14:09 EDT 2009

> We are not planning on expanding our computer services but our computers
> are now over 5 years old and starting to give us some grief.
> Can this money be used to replace existing computers and offer
> the classes to the public?

Yes, so long as you can make the argument that replacing them will
increase public usage. (The overall goal of the grant program is to
increase public computing.)

> Can this money be used to replace
> computers the staff uses also or is the money available only for ones
> the public would use for training, etc.?

You can only use the funds for computers that are designated for public
use. Training does not have to be included, but you will weaken your
application if it is not.

Stephen