[OPLINLIST] FW: 2009 Ohio Ready to Read Training Sessions - Important Notice on Changes

Ruth Metcalf RMETCALF at sloma.state.oh.us
Tue Mar 10 15:55:43 EDT 2009

HELLO EVERYONE!

Below is a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE from the Ohio Library Council
regarding changes to the 2009 Ohio Ready to Read training sessions.

Ruth A. Metcalf

Library Consultant

State Library of Ohio

274 E. First Avenue

Columbus, Ohio 43201

PH:    614-644-6910

FAX: 614-466-3584

rmetcalf at sloma.state.oh.us

IMPORTANT NOTICE!

The Ohio Ready To Read Initiative is making changes to its 2009 training
schedule.  In these tough economic times with staff reductions, we
realize that it is difficult for some public libraries to allow their
staff out of the library for training. In addition, the Ready To Read
training initiative required those who attend to commit to providing
trainings outside the library.  As a result, we experienced a dramatic
reduction in registrations for the Spring 2009 series of trainings.

We are consolidating the training offering and presenting them in a more
central location, so that we can keep our March contract commitment to
Saroj Ghoting. The new Spring 2009 schedule is as follows:

March 16 - Dayton Metropolitan Library - Train the Trainer

March 18 - Westerville Public Library - Fun Facts

March 19 - Worthington Public Library - Train the Trainer

April 21 -Way Public Library - Fun Facts

These are the only remaining training opportunities with Saroj Ghoting
through the Ready To Read Initiative in 2009. These training sessions
will continue to be at no charge to the participants. We are also
waiving any requirement that participants in these training sessions
must commit to providing additional training based on the ECRR model to
others. You can register for these training sessions at
http://www.olc.org/ReadyToRead.asp