[OPLINLIST] Headsets or earbuds for computers

Linda Swartzel swartzli at oplin.org
Wed Sep 23 15:00:36 EDT 2009

Thanks to all who responded to my question.  Overwhelmingly it seems that
libraries are making ear buds available for purchase for $1.00 - $1.50, and
are telling patrons to bring their own ear buds or to purchase them.  There
were a few libraries that still supply them.  Reasons to not continue
supplying earphones ranged from the lack of respect for library property,
theft, to worries about head lice.

As our earphones die a slow death, we will be selling ear buds for $1.00
(purchased by the Friends and being sold at no profit.)

Linda

Linda Swartzel, Director

Mary L. Cook Public Library

381 Old Stage Road