[OPLINLIST] Stolen DVDs

Lindy Sleasman sleasmli at oplin.org
Mon Apr 5 15:21:29 EDT 2010

Dear Kathy, a couple of years ago, we had two patrons who checked out a lot
of dvds/cds in a couple of days.  We suspected something shady might be
happening (and it was) so I contacted the mgrs of four local places that
sell these items.  Three were very helpful and assured me that they didn't
buy anything with library or video store markings on them.  Our markings are
difficult to remove or cover without damaging the items.  The fourth company
refused to share any info with me.  Suffice it to say, we lost quite a bit
of material which prompted our current limits.

Lindy Sleasman, Circ. Mgr.
Amherst Public Library
221 Spring St.
Amherst, OH  44001