[OPLINLIST] Saving Our Libraries One Grant at a Time

Deberah England deberah.england at wright.edu
Thu Apr 8 12:08:39 EDT 2010

ALAO-SSIG is presenting *Saving Our Libraries One Grant at a Time.* A
face-to-face grant writing workshop. May 14, 2010 from 9 a.m.- 3 p.m.
at OhioNet. Becky Cropper will be presenting. She has had grant funding
in the range of $100,000 since 1987. The grants have been from private
foundations, United Way and government grants used for a variety of
educational programs.

As our budgets keep getting smaller SSIG had decided we need to help
find ways to supplement those budgets. Therefore we have decided to
offer this course. Space is limited so register early. Please find  the
workshop registration form below. If you need more information please
email Mary Ayres at mayres at sscc.edu <mailto:mayres at sscc.edu> or Kathy
Burns at kburns at sscc.edu. <mailto:kburns at sscc.edu>

*
*

*Saving Our Libraries One Grant at a Time *Support Staff Interest Group

                 ALAO-SSIG 2010 Spring Workshop

                 A Face-to-Face Grant Writing Workshop

                      May 14, 2010, Friday, 9:00 a.m. -- 3:00 p.m.

                      OhioNet

                      1500 West Lane Avenue

                         Columbus, Ohio 43221-3975

                                                Continental Breakfast -
Provided Lunch will be on your own

                                                Registration 9:00 a.m.
-- 9:30 a.m.

Keynote Becky Cropper -- Mrs. Cropper has worked for Ohio State
University Extension for 32 years.  Since 1987 she has had grant funding
in the range of $100,000.00 to support local 4-H programs.  The grants
have been from private foundations, United Way and government grants
used for a variety of educational programs.

The workshop will be hands on for the participants who will "write" a
grant during the daylong session.

Driving Directions to
OhioNet:  http://www.ohionet.org/about/maps-directions
Handicapped Accessible              *
Registrations due May 2, 2010
No Refunds after April 25, 2010*

----- Registration form ---- cut here and mail with payment to address
below------

Name:
_  ____________________________________________________
_________

__

Institution: _______________________________________
________                      ____________

__

Address: ____________________________________
____________                      _____________

__

E-mail:
_________

__

Have You Ever Written a Grant? Yes___     No___

__

_     __$25 ALAO member

______$30 Non-member

Space is limited so register early.

**

*Make checks payable to ALAO and mail with registration to be received
by May 2^nd to:**  ** *

Amy Werring

Southern State Community College (South Campus)

12681 US Route 62

Sardinia, Ohio 45171

We look forward to seeing you there,

Kathy Burns