[OPLINLIST] Political campaign good luck

Ed Rossman erossman74 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 26 15:51:19 EDT 2010

Hi folks,
For anyone who’s doing a levy campaign now, on my web site
is a "Libraries Rock" crossword puzzle. Feel free to use it for fun, interactive
“talking points” with any small groups you may be speaking to. If you’re within
a few hours from Cleveland let me know if you’d like me to deliver it on your
behalf.

Most civilian audiences might have trouble with the
acronyms, but once they get the three letter word for American Library
Association...ALA, the others, like ASCLA, YALSA, RUSA and LAMA should fall into
place. Each one of those acronyms represents an extension into your own
communities of national knowledge in a specific area. They add value to the
communities, as do many of the other services and librarian skill sets that are
highlighted in the crossword.
It IS tough, especially as only a hand-out. That’s why it's best used as a “guided” activity with
volunteers, or at levy fund-raiser parties... it has room for ad libs and customization to
your own unique situations when doing it in conversation.  Do it on your own and you’ll
see!

I’ve done guided sessions with it and it takes about a minute a clue, at
least, to discuss the clue at a good pace. For instance, “book about a person’s life” should be quickly
guessed as Biography, but I usually go on with a quote about biographies and
the value that part of the collection has for people who learn and experience
through fascinating life stories.

Keep fighting the good fight. Email me off-list if you need
help,

Ed R.

Author, Castles Against Ignorance
http://www.castles411.com