[OPLINLIST] Good speaker opportunity

Mary McGavick mcgavick.mary at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 13:57:08 EST 2010

We just had a very nice (and well-attended) program from a long-time friend
of our library, Pam Gray.

She is the Lady Barn Consultant, and has written a book, "Americanization of
the Family Barn," copies of which she can have available for purchase.

>From her press release:
"Even if you haven't considered yourself a barn lover, you will enjoy this
short history of the main cultural influences that were brought over from
the old countries by our ancestors.  The presentation and book detail some
of the distinctive features used in construction by each culture as they
arrived in Ohio, established farms, and built their barns."

She also discusses ways to save these beautiful old structures and return
them to a viable use in today's social and economic structure.

She charges a flat fee of $195 and can be reached at
barnconsultant at yahoo.com or 740-263-1369.

Mary McGavick
Assistant Director
PL of Mount Vernon & Knox County