[OPLINLIST] Summer Reading Record Sheets and Criteria

Mike Hensel henselmi at oplin.org
Thu Feb 4 12:21:34 EST 2010

OPLIN Libraries:

We are looking at revamping how our youth will record their reading during
the summer reading program.  Previously, we had them write in book titles
for every fifteen minutes they read, with seven hours being the finishing
line.

I'm curious to know how other libraries are handling their recording
process.  For instance, how much time do you require and do you use the
record sheets in the SRP manual or the record sheets you can buy from CSLP.
We made our own in previous years and I'll probably go that route again.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Hensel

Youth Services Librarian, MLIS