[OPLINLIST] scanning charges

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Fri Feb 5 16:16:20 EST 2010

Hurt/Battelle Memorial Library in West Jefferson has a public
multi-purpose color copier with scanning capabilities. We currently have
it set up to scan documents to a network location accessible by patron
workstations. Demand for this feature is moderate, and slowly
increasing. Library staff are happy to assist patrons at no fee. Patrons
are able to access/e-mail/manipulate/copy their scanned documents on a
patron workstation...no fees. The only charge incurred by the patron is
if the patron decides to print the document (back to the multi-purpose
color copier). Standard printing fees then apply. Since the
copier/scanner is in a public area, repeat customers are able to work
with less staff assistance.

Chad Neeper
Senior Systems Engineer

Level 9 Networks
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

--   Full LAN/WAN consulting services   --
-- Specialized in libraries and schools --