[OPLINLIST] TechConnections 2010 Call for Proposals

SWON Libraries info at swonlibraries.org
Thu Jan 14 15:59:43 EST 2010

*This announcement has been posted to several lists.  Our apologies for
any duplication.

Proposals are now being accepted for the 11th annual TechConnections
Conference. This year's event will take place May 11-12, 2010 at the
State Library of Ohio.  TechConnections is a great opportunity for
library staff to share their knowledge and experiences with others in
the their community.  Please consider submitting a proposal for 2010.

This year we are accepting proposals for two different types of programs:

1) 45-minute sessions on topics relating to technology in libraries.
These sessions may be led by a single speaker or use a group/panel
format.  So proposals with multiple co-presenters are welcome.

2) 20-minute sessions that allow libraries to showcase technologies they
have implemented.  Libraries are encouraged to demonstrate their
innovative projects, gadgets, and services.  This is your chance to show
off your tricked-out library space, high-tech equipment, or cool
web-based service.  There will also be an area for presenters to spend
some hands-on, one-on-one time with attendees outside of the sessions.

If there's a technology vendor that you've worked with or would simply
like a chance to see at the conference, let us know.  We plan to invite
some vendors to conference as another opportunity for attendees to see
new stuff.

Take a look at the sessions from the past few year to see what kinds of
topics have been presented in the past:
http://www.techconnectionsohio.info/2009-sessions/
http://www.techconnectionsohio.info/2008-sessions/
http://www.techconnectionsohio.info/2007-sessions/

Proposals are due by February 19, 2010 should be emailed to
techconnections at swonlibraries.org.  Be sure to indicate if your proposal
is for a 20 or 45 minute session.

Mark your calendar and learn more about the conference at
http://www.TechConnectionsOhio.info