[OPLINLIST] Scanners

Gerry Vogel gvogel at avonlake.lib.oh.us
Wed Jun 16 14:35:51 EDT 2010

Our patrons ask us daily if we have a scanner.

We have been reluctant to provide one for a number of issues -- mostly
staff support, we know that scanning is never as straightforward as
people think it is.

I would like to know who out there, provides scanning for the public,
how you do it (hardware- and software-wise) and any issues you have.
If you have no issues, that helps too.

If you respond directly to me, I am willing to compile this
information and share it with the list.

I will make your response anonymous if you wish.

--
Gerry Vogel, MLIS
Assistant Director, Avon Lake Public Library

*any opinions expressed are my own and not (necessarily, or yet) those of ALPL*

Join OHIO :  http://sites.google.com/a/avonlake.lib.oh.us/ohio/