[OPLINLIST] PayPal Users

Alan Hall alanh at oplin.org
Fri Nov 12 13:46:36 EST 2010

No.  It grew over the first year, but the total payments to the library did
not increase.  Now in our 3rd year of accepting PayPal payments, we have
reached $ 8,000 per year by PayPal.  Our total income for all revenue has
increased to nearly $ 80,000 in "outside" income, but we accept PayPal for
donations, lost materials, copies, faxes, genealogy payments, so it is
difficult to tell if acceptance of plastic has "increased" any category.

We receive more comments from genealogists who contact us by e-mail for
documents (paper and electronic) and use PayPal to pay us before we send the
requested materials from our Local History/Genealogy Department.  They love
the ability to use plastic payments, especially out-of-town folks.

Alan Hall

Public Library of Steubenville and Jefferson County

Steubenville, OH