[OPLINLIST] Bookmobile computer

Chad Neeper cneeper at level9networks.com
Mon Apr 4 16:53:23 EDT 2011

I have no experience with setting up bookmobiles, so this may have no
value to you, but it seems to me that you might be best served in using
a Solid State hard Drive in whatever computer you end up with. Solid
State hard Drives (SSDs) are not susceptible to bumps and bruises since
they have no moving parts. You'll pay a little premium for them,
depending on storage capacity, however.

Laptops will naturally shrink your physical space requirement. If you're
concerned about them walking away, they can almost always be secured
with a locking steel tether for a few dollars. If you do use velcro to
keep them in place, don't cover the vent holes! You'll overheat the
laptops. (But then, the same goes for desktop computers.)
*Chad Neeper*
Senior Systems Engineer

*Level 9 Networks*
740-548-8070 (voice)
866-214-6607 (fax)

/Full LAN/WAN consulting services -- Specialized in libraries and schools/