[OPLINLIST] Intranets and centralized calendars

Bob Neeper neeperro at oplin.org
Fri Aug 12 14:54:27 EDT 2011

We use 10.3.x.x intranet in IPcop Green
It has:
An openSUSE server with apache, mediaWIKI, Wordpress, LibStats, etc. for Staff
     Common calendars are located in the mediaWIKI
A Windows 2008 server with among other things User File Storage and a common
area for file sharing
A Novell Server which is slowly going away
Printer(s)
All Staff PC's
Backup Tape server
FreeNAS Server for PC images, Patron PC programs, etc.
TLC (The Library Corporation) Server

Skype for IM'ing

We use 10.4.x.x in IPcop Blue for the patron use PC's, a printer and wireless.

We use Ipcop Orange (DMZ) for the main websites.
Summer Reading Club registration, tracking etc programs on main server
Class registration program in development

IPcop Red connects to the internet

All servers (Except backup) are virtual on 1 box.

R. W. (Bob) Neeper
Community Library
44 Burrer Dr.
Sunbury, Oh 43074