[OPLINLIST] eReader program

Jane Schaffner schaffja at oplin.org
Thu Dec 8 16:13:12 EST 2011

We held a basic informational program about e-readers last month.  I had a
patron/staff panel that presented with each person sharing a different type
of reader - we had 2 Kindles, an Ipad, a Nook, a Droid phone, a Borders Look
Book and a Pandigital Novel.

Before we got started - I just had a very simple handout that listed the
different types of readers such as a tablet, reader, or smart phone -- How
to decide what they want in a reader - features, connection, support and
price -- and then talked very briefly about e-books available from libraries
and how that process worked.

I also made copies of the Consumer Reports article in the December issue
that had information on the different types of readers.

Each panel member told about their device,  the different features they did
and did not like, etc. and took questions from the audience.  Our panel was
gracious enough to allow some hands-on with their devices.

We did not do any demonstration of downloading to devices - this was a
informational program only.

Jane Schaffner, Director
McComb Public Library
113 S. Todd St.