[OPLINLIST] NEO-RLS Desktop News

Bonnie Tyler tylerbo at neo-rls.org
Fri Jun 10 11:55:23 EDT 2011

        [cid:image001.jpg at 01CC2765.C21136F0]
        [cid:image002.jpg at 01CC2765.C21136F0]
        [cid:image003.jpg at 01CC2765.C21136F0]
        [cid:image004.jpg at 01CC2765.C21136F0]

                [cid:image005.jpg at 01CC2765.C21136F0]

To view issue online click here.<http://www.neo-rls.org/viewspage.cfm?ID=94>

"Special Interest" Network Forming!

June 10, 2011

                [cid:image009.jpg at 01CC2765.C21136F0]

Something New Everyday!

Did you know that, if you borrow a FREE set of book discussion titles from Book Ohio via NEO, many will now come with support materials that can be used by the group leader? I'm learning something new here every day and, when I saw these wonderful packets of background material, analysis, author biography and sample discussion questions that accompany these books, I wished I'd had them back when I did book discussions! Think of the time saved in preparing for your group's meeting! Or, you could use these materials to start a new, online group, with very little staff time invested. NEO has two separate book discussion programs:  Book Ohio with more than 120 titles to choose from.   Check them out on our webpage under Member Services/Book Ohio. Or, if you'd like to be able to reserve brand new titles with support materials for your readers, considering adding the NEO Book Discussion Program option to the services you purchase from NEO. The cost is only $200 a year with over 160 titles to choose from!

                [cid:image010.jpg at 01CC2765.C21136F0]

We are once again pulling together the purchasing power of NEO member libraries to make a group purchase of Dell computers and equipment.  Our last purchase saved members up to 19% off state and local government pricing and we expect to realize similar, if not better savings with this next group purchase.  If you are interested in participating here is what you need to do:
1. By July 1, 2011 please notify Shawn Walsh<mailto:shawn.walsh at neo-rls.org> that you are interested in this project so we can determine an estimated volume.  (Libraries needing an extension due to board meetings after this deadline should contact Shawn Walsh<mailto:shawn.walsh at neo-rls.org> in advance, to guarantee your participation in the group purchase.)
2. Using the Dell website (http://www.dell.com<http://www.dell.com/>) select the equipment, displays, PC's, laptops, servers, etc. that you need and generate an EQUOTE using the State and Local Government section for Ohio.
3. Prior to July 11, 2011 send NEO the EQUOTE number/s that you wish us to price with Dell, once we have a discounted* quote from Dell we will forward it to you for your approval.
4. If you elect to purchase the items at the discounted price, you will need to reply with your approval for purchase by July 25, 2011.
5. Upon notification of shipment from Dell, NEO-RLS will invoice your library for the computer equipment purchased.  The terms of this invoice will be Net 30.
If you have any questions or need further information please notify Shawn Walsh<mailto:shawn.walsh at neo-rls.org> at shawn.walsh at neo-rls.org<mailto:shawn.walsh at neo-rls.org>

FREE Trials  Ending Soon

Plunkett Research Online and Facts on File free trials will be ending soon.  Go to www.plunkettresearchonline.com<http://www.plunkettresearchonline.com/>  Username: neo-rls Password: trial or  http://www.fofweb.com/ Demo<http://www.fofweb.com/Demo> Username: northeastohio1 Password: demo.  Both trials end  June 30.

Last Minute Summer Programming Ideas?

                [cid:image017.jpg at 01CC2765.C21136F0]
        [cid:image018.jpg at 01CC2765.C21136F0]
        [cid:image019.jpg at 01CC2765.C21136F0]