[OPLINLIST] Overdue Notice Wording

Susan Pieper, M.S.L.S. susanhillpieper at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 10:13:14 EST 2011

Hello all:
I am looking for ideas for the verbiage of our overdue notices and
reminders. At the recent OLC Convention/Expo, Artie Isaac shared with us
that patrons feel like the only mail they get from us is "hate" mail. That
got me to thinking that there must be a better way we can word our overdue
notices... thanking patrons for being library supporters, offering to renew
over the phone, perhaps they overlooked, etc. etc. So, how do you turn an
overdue notice into a positive message?

Interested in reading your responses and being inspired by your ideas.
Services Newsletter*, a national publication that that for over 25 years,
has addressed the trends, issues and challenges facing America's rural
libraries.

Best to you,
Susan
Susan Hill Pieper, M.S.L.S.