[OPLINLIST] Statewide Delivery update

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney marshams at library.ohio.gov
Fri Apr 13 14:24:26 EDT 2012

Sent on behalf of the State Library.  Please excuse multiple postings.

This is a final reminder about the transition to the new statewide
delivery vendor that is happening this weekend.

We are aware that some of you have recently experienced inconsistent
delivery service and in some cases the incoming bag deliveries have been
low in volume. We have communicated with Priority Dispatch to expect
accumulations of bags at the US Cargo hubs as well as at some of the
library sites.  Priority Dispatch is addressing this situation with dual
sortation sites at their hubs as well as other contingency plans to pick
up and re-route these items as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation to allow Priority Dispatch
the opportunity to address these issues. There may be instances where
Priority Dispatch may have to clear out backlogs through several
delivery cycles to stabilize the system and develop these routine
cycles.

Also, to address concerns regarding lost items prior to the transition:

We do know that a number of locations have either loaned or requested
items that have not arrived at your location or the destination. If
missing items have not shown up at your location by May 1st, please
compile a list of missing materials so a claim can be sent to U.S. Cargo
to recover the cost of the missing items.

Once again, we value your patience and cooperation as we collectively
work through this migration to the new vendor.

Please contact me directly at supdegra at library.ohio.gov with questions
or if you need additional information.

Thank you,

Steve Updegraff, Head of Transport & Facility Services

State Library of Ohio

274 East 1st Ave.

Columbus, Ohio 43201

Phone: 614-728-9573

Fax: 614-995-1081

http://www.library.ohio.gov

"The State Library of Ohio provides services and

resources to assist state government and libraries

in providing the best service to all."