[OPLINLIST] libraries with vans

Holly Lynn holly.lynn at burton.lib.oh.us
Fri Aug 17 13:53:30 EDT 2012

The Burton Public Library has a Jeep Commander that we use to deliver books to our Amish community. We purchased it with proceeds from our annual fund drive. I did, however, write a proposal to our local car dealer. Although he couldn't give us a Jeep, he sold us an off-lease low mileage Jeep at cost. We were able to raise enough money in just a matter of months to pay for the vehicle in full.

It has worked out very beautifully. We are located in the heart of the snow belt so driving a Jeep is a necessity. The Amish do not plow their driveways in the winter, and we are able to plow through with the Commander.

If you have any questions, you can call me for more information. We have had an annual fund drive for 8 years now. It has paid for a new circulation desk, numerous renovations & a children's reference center.

Holly

Holly Manning Lynn
Director
Burton Public Library