[OPLINLIST] Copyright Infringement Revisited

Stephen Hedges hedgesst at oplin.org
Mon Aug 20 10:51:15 EDT 2012

Hi, Susan -

OPLIN receives these notices because we are the "OrgName" for all the OPLIN IP addresses. (If you have branch libraries that do not use OPLIN IP addresses, you may get such notices directly, instead of through OPLIN.) OPLIN does not respond to copyright infringement notices, we simply forward them to the local library to handle according to local library policy. The sender of the notice therefore does not know which library was supposedly the location where the infringement occurred. If, on the other hand, we receive a complaint of illegal activity from a law enforcement official, we give that person the library's contact information after we first verify that they actually are a law enforcement official, and have alerted the library.

Stephen
--
Stephen Hedges, Director
2323 W. Fifth Ave., Suite 130, Columbus, OH 43204
614-728-5250  ::  hedgesst at oplin.org