[OPLINLIST] Library advocacy: Libraries are the beating hearts of communities

Karen Jensen kjensenmls at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 25 11:55:37 EDT 2012

Several years ago I joined my fellow librarians and spoke at the capital in Columbus on behalf of libraries to try and save funding.  I nervously shared part of my story there about the importance of libraries.  I am not currently in Ohio, though I hope to return some day soon because as you all know, Ohio libraries rock and the professional community is very passionate and dedicated.  Last night I wrote a piece on my blog advocating for libraries and included part of what I shared on the capital steps that day and hope that you all don't mind my sharing it here.

Libraries are the beating hearts
http://www.teenlibrariantoolbox.com/2012/08/libraries-are-beating-heart.html?showComment=1345909726427#c6883526197065509919

Have a great day everyone! And have a great school year to all our children's and teen librarians,
Karen

Karen Jensen, MLS
Teen Librarian Toolbox
www.teenlibrariantoolbox.com
Join #the2012project (info on blog)
@tlt16 on Twitter, also on Facebook and Pinterest
Youth Services Librarian, Betty Warmack Branch Library
Reviewer for VOYA magazine